Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence of Montenegro
Executive branch of power positions
- Deputy Prime Minister for Political System and Internal Policy and Minister of Defence in the 43rd Government of Montenegro since April 28th 2022
- Minister of Finance in the Government of Montenegro from May until November 2016
- Minister of Interior in the Government of Montenegro from December 2012 until February 2016
MP duties and positions
- Member of Parliament of Montenegro 2009 – 2012 (24th convocation), 2016 – 2020 (26th convocation) and 2020 – 2022 (27th convocation)
- President of the Club of MPs of the Social Democratic Party, SDP – Albanian Coalition „Unanimously “
- Member of the Committee for Security and Defence of the Parliament of Montenegro
- Member of the Committee for Economy, Finances and Budget of the Parliament of Montenegro
- Member of the Administrative Committee of the Parliament of Montenegro
- Deputy member of the Permanent Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly (OSCE)
- Member of the Stabilization and Association Parliamentary Committee
After graduating from the Faculty of Economics, he received his master’s degree upon completing two-year postgraduate studies in “Entrepreneurial Economics” at the Faculty of Economics in Podgorica.
During his regular studies, he worked as a journalist for the daily journal “Vijesti”, and was one of the founders of the NGO Center for Democratic Transition from 2000 to 2003. He graduated from the School of European Integration, the first generation in 2004.
He participated in several professional trainings in various fields of economics, security trainings organized by DCAF, as well as in the field of public relations in cooperation with the National Democratic Institute from Washington. He attended professional training in the United States.
Professional and political engagement
- President of the Social Democratic Party od Montenegro
- Deputy President of the Social Democratic Party of Montenegro, 2019 – 2021
- Member of the Presidency of the Social Democratic Party since 2007
- President of the Assembly of the Capital City Podgorica, 2010 – 2011
- Associate at the Faculty of Business Studies “Montenegro Business School” in the subject Basics of Management, 2005 – 2012
- Worked in the Parliament service of Montenegro from 2003 to 2006